OPI's Dating a Royal

I got this color for Christmas from my Aunt, and couldn't wait to try it.  The following are my first swatches of it.


Desk Light



Natural Light



Flourescent Light

I had a lot of trouble reducing bubbles in this polish.  Before now, I'd been using Sally Hansen double top and base coat.  After the above swatch, I went and got a new topcoat (Nicole by OPI Topcoat Plus), but the bubbles persisted.  Then, I got a base coat from OPI (the pinkish natural nail topcoat).  The new base and topcoats have made a remarkable difference, but the bubble are still there.  Next time I think I will dry letting the coats dry a bit, like Asami suggested.  I think this is really more of a getting used to, painting with a jelly-type polish.  Any other suggestions you may have are appreciated :)  Here's what my thumb looked like with the bubbles:




Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 7:25 PM

4 comments:

Asami said...

I hope we can figure out a solution for the bubble problem, but in the meantime this color looks really awesome on you! Aren't jellies the coolest?

*~kAy~* said...

I hate it when bubbles form in my polish ><
It usually happens more during the hot summer though.
I heard one of the tricks you can do is refrigerate your polishes before applying. I've never tried it though :P

Asami said...

Oh, something else occurred to me while I was doing my nails tonight! Make sure you swipe your nails clean with nail polish remover RIGHT before you paint them, as any soap residue, natural oil from your fingertips or lotion can cause bubbles. I use a cotton swab for this. If you're not doing it already, it might make a big difference! My mom was getting bubbles and we figured out it was because her hand soap had moisturizer in it. Once she started swiping her nails with polish remover directly before applying color, her bubble issue was fixed. :)

I hope that helps.

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

@Asami - Cool! I'm pretty sure mine are clean, but I'll start doing that anyway and see if it helps!!

Post a Comment