Sally Hansen Nail Pen

I got a Sally Hansen Color Quick Fast Dry Nail Color Pen for Christmas and decided to try it out the other day.  This is the "Green Chrome" color.  Here are some of the results with no clean-up:

 
Right hand, two coats.

 
Right hand, two coats.

 
Left hand, three coats.

 
Left hand, three coats.
Maybe it takes a few tries to get the color flowing right.  There is a normal brush at the end of the "pen" and you click the top to make polish flow down the brush.  The color does dry quickly, so that's a good thing.  I wouldn't suggest this for long term wear, maybe just if you want to have color on for the evening and no one is going to be looking too hard at your fingers.  As you can see from the third picture down, it's mostly not noticeable that the paint is translucent in some spots.

I wasn't amazed by this product but I will give it another try, possibly letting the polish dry fully before applying my second and third coats so as to avoid "pushing paint around".  That may or may not fix the translucent problem.

Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 6:46 PM

2 comments:

Asami said...

No clean-up?? Wow, your application is getting better and better with every post!

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

Awh, thanks! I've actually gotten to the point where I'm not cleaning up at all... The red below this is no clean-up also. I think I actually just quit clean-up altogether because the excess just comes off with handwashing.

Your suggestion about leaving a gap was a HUGE factor in the process, though.

Post a Comment