Three Swatches, yay!

First we've got Midori by Zoya.  I was excited to try this color but I was disappointed with the consistency.


You can see best in this photo on the right the mushiness of the consistency.  I was really sad about this and took it off immediately.  Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

The next color I tried was Myrza's Meadow from Shades by Barielle.  This is one of the giveaway items I won from Beauty Judy that I blogged about here.


I liked this color, however I wore it when there was no sun outside, so I never got to see it shining.  I also think this polish got too mushy, but that may be my issue with applying polish.  Taking it off was a bit hard, what with all the glitter, but it wasn't way too bad.  I'm excited to try June Bug, later.

The next polish is one I've had on here before but I'm extremely happy with the application on this one.  No more bubbles!!!  If you want to see the bubble problem I had, refer to my post here.  This time I also played with my Konad stamping kit from Asami.  I used plate m51 with the white Konad special polishes.

These pictures aren't the most spectacular, but I am still really happy with the application.  All I did differently was try for thinner coats and more wait time in between adding coats.  I actually put on top coat before doing the Konad, since a design was a tiny afterthought, but I put a thin coat of topcoat on the stamps afterward and they are fine so far.

Hope you've all enjoyed these swatches and post!

Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 11:16 PM

3 comments:

Asami said...

You're a stamping pro already! I'm so glad you solved your bubble problem because "Dating a Royal" is so great.

I thinned out my bottle of "Midori" and I like it a lot more now. (I like my polishes pretty thin.) Do you have any nail polish thinner? All you need is a few drops to fix a thickened polish, or thin out one that is too thick to begin with. That might help with the mushiness?

susies1955 said...

Pretty greens and your konading is awesome. Great job,
Susie

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

@Asami I agree! I realized last night I forgot to put that that is Dating a Royal, haha, so thanks for commenting! I need to get some thinner for that Midori, because I really want to enjoy the polish!

@susies1955 Thank you for your comment! This is my first time I was actually happy with the Konad that I did.

Post a Comment