Storybook Wedding

This past Halloween weekend, I was a wedding guest.  No, not as my costume, an actual wedding guest.  Haha, what a silly costume that would be... hmm.  Anywho, my cousin got married to her best friend this past weekend and it was the most perfect wedding anyone could ever dream of.  The wedding colors were light blue and white, so I decided to do my nails in those colors.  I considered a repeat of the blue and white flowers I did not long ago, but opted instead for a design I'd never tried before.

So, here is a phone pic of them.  I smudged the Konad white a bit, and used Zoya Yummy as the base again.  IP m65 again.  I thought they turned out nicely and I have been getting compliments on them still.

I attended the rehearsal dinner, where an entire restaurant was rented out and there were three choices of salad (Caesar, wedge, arugula), three choices of entree (filet Mignon, tuna, grouper), and three choices of dessert (banana something [not foster], NY cheesecake, chocolate lava cake).  Toasts were beautiful, guests were very nice, and camaraderie all around.

The next day was the wedding, held in Eden Gardens State Park in Destin, FL.
They got married in front of this big tree on the right.  I stole this photo, here is the link.  The reception followed down the road at a WaterSound clubhouse.  Amazing band, amazing food - shrimp & grits, pork tenderloins, asparagus, salad, cheese & crackers, oysters on the half shell, oyster shooters, shrimp on ice, wedding cake, teacakes in lieu of a groom's cake, ice cream, and marshmallows to roast in a room with a fireplace. AHHH.  I can't even describe how perfect it was.  I'm glad to have been able to experience it.

Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 11:57 PM

5 comments:

Asami said...

Sounds so lovely!

All Made Up said...

wow, this sounds amazing and even from the pic above you can tell it would be so beautiful. Gorgeous choice of nail colour/pattern - manages to be really eye catching but still extremely pretty :)

Callie said...

I love this! Your nails are really pretty!

*~kAy~* said...

Haha one of my friends actually went as a 'bride' for Halloween :P
Your nails look lovely :) I can't really notice the smudge...
ah.. the wedding sounds so nice :) I love the fireplace and marshmallow idea!

Hope you are feeling better these days! I hope you don't have SAD! :( I hear that staying under bright lights help :)

gingerSnaps said...

pretty nails! Blue rocks.. I am following you now. I hope you can take a look at mine and like as well. Thanks.
Kisses

Post a Comment