Has Anyone Ever Seen This?

So, as I mentioned in a previous post, I received Four Leaf Clover by China Glaze for Christmas.  I am very excited about the color, but I noticed something odd about the brush as I was painting my step-mother's nails.  It wasn't until tonight that I got out the polish and the tweezers.

At first I figured that there were just two brush strands stuck together somehow, but it's actually one complete strand that has been put on and the other side attached as well... check out the photos below.




So, I'm considering just cutting the offending piece off, but what is your input on the situation?  Would it mess up the brush?  I think it would be okay if I cut it, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they have any advice.


Also, a bonus photo - the following is a quick swatch of China Glaze Sexy in the City.  It's not the official swatch, but it seemed like a good way to show off my new Fossil wallet, which I love!


By the way!  (in case you're still reading ;))  I am going to do a giveaway soon, since I have passed 50 followers!  Thank you so much to all of my new followers - I really appreciate your support.  Would you all rather see an OPI or a China Glaze polish in the giveaway?

Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 9:24 PM

10 comments:

Tierney said...

That color is pretty!!
Nice wallet :P I'm always organizing the fossil displays at work and there are a couple wallets I really like.

Tierney said...

Oh & I've never had that with any of my polish brushes before.

kelliegonzo said...

yes, it's happened to me at least 5 times. i usually try and just pull it out, i tried cutting it one time and the remaining hairs were too long so i just pulled them out.

Painting 'Em Up said...

I would think you could just cut it, but I'm still learning all this. :) Just don't pull it out. Love that Sexy in the City- I've been dying to see it!

I would prefer OPI since I don't have any. :)

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

@Tierney - Thanks! I really love the wallet and I've had my old one since '08, it was getting really torn up, haha!

@Kellie - I was thinking of just cutting the two pieces off at the top where they attach - I didn't know they could just pull out. Maybe I'll try that instead. Does it happen with many brands, or just China Glaze?

@Painting - I'll keep that in mind, thanks for your input!

kelliegonzo said...

...hmm i think it's happened with mostly china glaze but i can't think of the other brands off the top of my head.

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

@Kellie - well that's interesting! Haha. Glad to know it's not just me.

Catherine said...

I've had that happen to a couple of my polish's and i've just cut them as close as I could to the base. When i've pulled them out it messes up the rest of the hairs....or at least for me it has. good luck

JustSomeNailsByMJ said...

@Catherine - Thanks for the advice! That's what I was thinking would be best.

*~kAy~* said...

nice wallet! :P
Oh and Some of my polish brushes get like that too! ><
I hate it when it does.. I usually just cut it off though :P

Post a Comment