What I've Been Wearing

So, this summer I have an extremely busy job - I am orienting both freshmen and transfer students to the university!  It has been a fabulous experience.  Each freshman session I get to have a small group of at least 20 students, and there are 600 new students at each session.  I have met some really cool people!

But, I haven't forgotten about nails.  Though I haven't been doing any designs lately, I've still been thinking a lot about color.  So, below I'll show you two I've had recently.

The first color is Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Sun Kissed, number 150.  I really liked how well this polish went on, how bright the color was, and how opaque it got.  I received this polish in a giveaway!



I'm not sure how well putting a white coat on under would work, just for the slight VNL.  I have always thought about using a white polish underneath others to make them brighter or save from VNL - has that worked for anyone?  I believe this was three coats, or four to be safe.

The next polish I used was Zoya's Trixie, which I have featured on my blog here.

Lastly, a polish I have been waiting to try forever, which I received in the same giveaway as Sun Kissed.  This is OPI's Houston, We Have a Purple from the Texas Collection.  Apparently this is supposed to be one of the new sorbet finishes.  Below I have coat-by-coat photos.

 One coat
 Two coats
 Three coats
 Four coats
 Left hand with top coat
Right hand with topcoat

I am still not sure how I feel about this finish - it seems to be too fragile, or easily peelable.  In fact, just a moment ago, I accidentally rubbed two of my nails together and the polish was pulled and messed up on each.  This could be user error, not letting each coat dry for long enough, but it still makes me concerned.  There is VNL here, and a few bald spots under the light.  But, I will give this a try, since I have been thinking about wearing this color for so long :)  I believe it is very pretty on, and I like the wide brush on it.

Posted by JustSomeNailsByMJ | at 10:42 PM

1 comments:

Post a Comment